If you love social media and are passionate about cultivating a community around climate journalism and reaching new audiences, this could be the job for you.
Founded ten years ago, Climate Home News is one of the leading independent voices covering the climate crisis. We aim to be the go-to media outlet for a global community of doers and thinkers seeking to understand the political, social and economic drivers of the climate crisis and climate action.
We’re looking for an organised and creative individual with plenty of ideas to be our new Audience Engagement Editor.
This is a role with two key dimensions. First, you will be our go-to editor for social media, working with the rest of the team to promote our news and original reporting across our platforms in a creative way. You will be responsible for developing, implementing, monitoring and improving social media strategies to increase Climate Home News’ reach and impact.
Second, you will lead our audience engagement efforts, devising strategies beyond social media to both foster new demographic growth, and also nurture the current audience we have built.
You’ll have creative freedom to work at our leading global climate change publication, delivering original journalism that informs, inspires and holds power accountable.
Salary range: £28,000 – 35,000 per year depending on experience and geographic location.
Terms: Full time, freelance contract
Deadline: June 11th, 2023
What you will do:
- Work with our editorial team to devise new and innovative content ideas to promote and elevate our journalism.
- Own and evolve our social media strategy, planning and maintaining our social content calendar across all key social media channels (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, TikTok).
- Create, plan and implement different ideas to cultivate and engage with new and current audiences.
- Implement methods for monitoring and analysing audience growth.
- Use our web and social analytics to guide us in making decisions for our future strategy and direction.
- Promote and find creative ways to distribute Climate Home’s branded content.
- Report regularly on the impact of social and audience engagement efforts, logging impact to use in marketing and other promotional (such as annual reviews) for Climate Home.
- At least 3 years of experience managing social media accounts for organizations and media, as well as a deep understanding of social media trends and drivers.
- Ability to create and edit visual content using branding guidelines and tools such as Canva or Photoshop for use across social platforms.
- Experience leading engagement strategies and audience research.
- Experience managing and interacting with online communities related to an organization
- Experience monitoring data from social media and websites to extract key insights
- Deep knowledge of each of the platforms we manage: Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, LinkedIn and Newsletters.
- Experience with short-form video editing.
- Genuine interest in the climate crisis and its global impacts.
- Genuine interest in independent journalism.
- Ability to work in international teams.
How to apply:
Please submit your application to this form before June 11.