For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act) and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018, the data controller is Climate Home News Ltd.
INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
* Information that you provide by filling in forms required to access any part of our site(s). This includes information provided to sign up for our services, such as our newsletter, posting material or requesting further services. You may also be asked for information when you report a problem with our site, contribute to surveys or comment, donate, or when you enter competitions or promotions.
* If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
We use Google Analytics to track and analyse user behaviour, in order to improve the site experience.
CHANGES TO YOUR DETAILS
We will always aim to ensure that all information about you is as accurate as possible and not held for longer than necessary. If you would like to review or change details you have supplied, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected] You can also unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time using the unsubscribe feature in the email.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we, like most websites, may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. Using Google Analytics Advertising Features, they enable us, for example:
* To estimate our audience size, demographic characteristics (such as geographic location) and usage pattern, for example to understand what content is most popular with our audience and to inform AdWords campaigns.
* To recognise you when you return to our site, so we know what percentage of our audience has been here before.
You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our site. You can also delete cookies, and Google Analytics provides cookies opt-out plug-ins. For example: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
STORAGE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers managed by third-party administrators – for example, our newsletter list is stored on servers managed by MailChimp, and donation payments may be handled by Patreon or Paypal. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You are asked not to share a password with anyone. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. Under GDPR rules, these staff must ensure the same provisions on data security and processing are applied to your data. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we of course cannot guarantee the security of your data.
By submitting your personal information you consent to the use of that information as set out in this policy.
No information should be submitted by children under the age of 13 without parental/guardian consent. If you are under the age of 13, please obtain your parent or guardian’s consent before submitting personal information to this site.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
* To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
* To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
* To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
* To send you information about our publications, lectures, conferences and other related products and services, if you opt to receive it.
* To notify you about changes to our services.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
* If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will ask you for permission (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data, or by not submitting your data when prompted. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at [email protected]
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
You have the right to access information held about you. Please contact [email protected] to request this information or ask that it be deleted. We will supply a copy of the information we hold about you within month upon proof of identity, and will only charge a fee if a request is unusually complex.