By Ed King
RTCC will be bringing you live coverage from the United Nations Conference on Sustainable Development in Rio de Janeiro from Wednesday 13 June to Friday 22 June.
We’ll be based at the Rio Conventions Pavilion, a venue sponsored by the three Conventions that were created in 1992 – the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC), the Convention on Biodiversity (CBD), and the Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD).
The 10 days at the Pavilion will see UN leaders, business and politics combine to develop the theme of ‘Sustainable Development’, and attempt to establish what it means for the Conventions and the Environment.
We’ll follow those developments every step of the way, while keeping an eye on the high-level talks in Rio. Our team will bring you TV interviews, podcasts, news and analysis from the summit.
Better still – come and find us at the Rio Conventions Pavilion and tell us what you think can be achieved at Rio+20.
For more on what to expect from the Rio+20 Summit check out:
– RTCC’s Countdown to Rio+20 series.
– The outcome of the final round of pre-Summit negotiations where tempers flared between diplomats.
– What does UNFCCC Chief Christiana Figueres think ahead of the talks.
– Ban Ki-moon’s recommendations for the talks.
– Oxfam’s Kate Raworth explains what the Rio+20 talks have to do with doughnuts.