‘Brighter Lives, Better World’
Signify introduced its “Brighter Lives, Better World” sustainability program in 2016, setting ambitious sustainability goals for 2020 and consisting of two pillars:
1. Sustainable revenues:
- 80% of revenues will come from sustainable products, systems and services
- More than 2 billion LED lamps and luminaires delivered
2. Sustainable operations:
- 100% carbon neutral for operations
- 100% use of renewable electricity
- Zero waste to landfill in manufacturing
- Strive for a safe and healthy workplace with a total recordable case rate of less than 0.35
- Ensuring a sustainable supply chain with minimum supplier performance rate of 90%
As part of Signify’s leadership in energy efficiency measures it is committed to the World Green Building Council’s initiative to have all the buildings that it is using to be carbon neutral by 2030. In addition to that, Signify supports The Climate Group’s EV100 initiative to operate a 100% electric and hybrid lease fleet by 2030 and its RE100 initiative to scale up the use of renewable electricity.
Signify was named Industry Leader in the Electrical Components and Equipment category of the 2018 Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI), receiving recognition for all the sustainability improvements it is making.
This post is sponsored by Signify.